LANDLINES & BROADBAND
Fibre-to-the-Cabinet broadband – also known as superfast broadband, is the next generation broadband connection; it uses fibre optic cables to provide significantly higher speeds both in upload and download.
FTTC broadband uses fibre optic cable from the local telephone exchange to connect to the nearest street side cabinet which serves your property. This is normally within a few hundred metres of your property. An engineer will usually install a new cabinet adjacent to or near the existing ‘green cabinet’ which serves your phone line. The new cabinet will house a VDSL2 capable DSLAM (a mini-version of what currently provides your ADSL broadband service) to which your phone line will be connected. As the cabinet is close to your property and also uses newer VDSL2 technology, the speed of your broadband is usually much higher.
FTTC offers extremely fast upload and download speeds even when several users are on the same connection. Users also enjoy higher quality voice and video calls over the internet with business grade next generation connectivity. FTTC offers all these features at a fraction of the cost of a leased line.
For more information, call us on 0330-333-2-333 or fill in your details in the Contact Us tab.
- Cactus supports Wessex Cancer Trust’s Golf Classic 2017September 29, 2017 - 9:25 am
A huge thank you to all companies that participated in the Wessex Cancer Golf Classic 2017, held at South Winchester Golf Club.
The weather made it a little more challenging than we all hoped for – but everyone had a lot of fun and we managed to raise a great sum of money for the tremendous causes at Wessex Cancer Trust.
In total, £6,000 was raised and those funds that will go towards helping local families affected by cancer…
- Why should your business choose a VoIP phone system?September 12, 2017 - 1:30 pm
In the last decade, VoIP technology has become very popular with businesses looking to save costs, enhance convenience, and give employees the tools they need for a modern, efficient workplace.
One of the first tasks for anyone starting a business is ensuring reliable phone access. A lot of work is done on networked computers, but offices still need phones for day-to-day communications.
Older, proprietary phone systems were quite expensive and were difficult to reconfigure and they were difficult to reconfigure or scale up or down as business dictated. However, a VoIP phone system solves these problems and offers many advantages over the old systems…
- Christmas Opening Times - http://mailchi.mp/b31d8f98d4ca/christmas-opening-times … December 11, 2017 (@CactusBizSol)
- How can Cactus help your business if you get snowed in this year? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/snowed-simon-john-gale-1/ … November 27, 2017 (@CactusBizSol)
- Cactus supports @WessexCancer Golf Classic 2017! http://cactusbusiness.co.uk/?p=2361 September 29, 2017 (@CactusBizSol)
- We managed to raise a great sum for the tremendous causes at Wessex Cancer Trust at this years Golf Day! Huge thanks to everyone involved. https://twitter.com/WessexCancer/status/913436771152748545 … September 29, 2017 (@CactusBizSol)
- Why should your business choose a VoIP phone system? http://cactusbusiness.co.uk/?p=2345 September 25, 2017 (@CactusBizSol)